db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Aug 5, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 18:11:34 GMT
Hi Andy,

I assume that this is the cause of the JDO-107 error:
JDODataStoreException: Cannot set Long parameter: value = null

Since you don't support serializing the object, you're trying to
write the key to the column.

By the way, I've got an action item for the jdo expert group to
resolve the serializable/embedded metadata, and I don't like the way
it's defined right now.

I think we should leave the test cases as they are and just log that
we know what the issue is.

Thanks,

Craig

On Aug 5, 2005, at 10:51 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

>> 1. Test status (Michael) Upgraded tests for SimpleObject,
>> SimpleInterface, and Object to test serializable have been checked in
>> and are pending JPOX feedback.
>>

> JPOX feedback : "serialized" attribute on field is not yet
> supported for
> PersistenceCapable/Interface objects (it's supported for
> Collections/List/Map
> and array types only currently)
>
> --
> Andy