db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Patch for project.xml
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 14:55:50 GMT
Hi Andy,

Actually, JPOX downloads perfectly. The problem is with c3p0. Maven
won't download it but suggests where I can download it manually.

I'm thinking maybe the format of the downloadable file is the
problem. JPOX jars can be downloaded as .jar files. c3p0 jars are
zipped or otherwise encoded.

Craig

On Aug 6, 2005, at 11:52 PM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

>> Is maven not able to do use sourceforge download? What's the story?
>>
>> Please don't tell me to just download it manually. That obviously
>> works. Why not automatic?
>>

>> Attempting to download c3p0-0.9.0.jar.
>> WARNING: Failed to download c3p0-0.9.0.jar.
>> The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied
>> dependency:
>>
>> c3p0-0.9.0.jar (try downloading from http://
>> prdownloads.sourceforge.net/c3p0/c3p0-0.9.0.bin.zip?use_mirror=unc)
>>

> Hi Craig,
>
> Maven can download from a Maven repository. SourceForge doesn't
> have one. The
> issue isn't that.
>
> It's probably that the "maven.repo.remote" environment variable
> (which I
> always put in $HOME/build.properties) is only set to
> "http://www.jpox.org/downloads/maven" now (added by this patch).
> It really ought to be
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven, http://www.jpox.org/downloads/maven
>
> (i.e comma separated list of all repos that you want to look at) so
> then Maven
> will look at IBiblio first and, if the artifact isn't there, will
> use the
> JPOX repo (which only contains JPOX artifacts) next.
>
> --
> Andy

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com