db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Problem with self-referencing relationship
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 05:06:34 GMT
Hi Karan,

On Aug 8, 2005, at 8:23 PM, Karan Malhi wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> I dont know anything about this "Completeness Test" . I do know
> that the tck
> requirements is that the test should leave the database in a clean
> state. Is
> this what the completeness test does (check to see if db is clean)?

When I suggested you look at the completeness test, I was thinking
that there was some work to do to clean it up, but I looked again and
it's not the test's fault.

> Where do
> i look for this test?

Completeness test can be found by find . -name "Complete*" in the
tck20 directory. You can also find it by looking in the test/conf
directory for configurations that use it: grep Complete ` find . -
name "*.conf"`.

> I heard you mentioning on the conference call that i
> could run an individual test in maven, could you please tell me how
> to do
> that?

It depends on which project you're running. The TCK can run a single
configuration (combination of database, test data, and test program.
In the tck20 directory maven help should give you the details.

If you're in the fostore20 project, it's a work in progress. I don't
see any way to run a single test. That would be a good thing to add
to the maven.xml. Something like a system property so you could do:

maven -Djdo.test.name=org.apache.jdo.test.Test_EmpDeptAppId run.single

> My fostore20 tests are all having errors? Is anybody else facing the
> same problems with fostore20 (i hope its nothing to do with file
> permissions
> or something-- but my guess is that should result in failures
> instead of
> errors)

I checked in a fix for FOStorePMF and StateManagerImpl to meet the
JDO2 requirements this afternoon. When I run fostore20 now, I just
get one error related to the new jdoNewObjectIdInstance that changed
between JDO1 and JDO2.
Running org.apache.jdo.test.Test_EmpDeptAppId
     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed:
10.737 sec
     [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.jdo.test.Test_EmpDeptAppId FAILED

Craig

> On 8/8/05, Craig Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi Andy, Karan,
>> On Aug 8, 2005, at 11:30 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:
>>
>> Any update on this?
>>

>> Not from me. Not had time to look at it. Don't know if Erik has.
>>
>> Out of interest, how do I run this "CompletenessTest" on its own ?
>> (since
>> it's
>> not in alltests.conf). I've tried running
>> "companyNoRelationships.conf",
>> which is fine for 1 run, but if I run it again it tries to insert
>> the same
>> data again and causes duplicate key issues. Tests should be cleaning
>> themselves out so they leave the datastore in the same state as it
>> was at
>> startup (IMHO).
>>

>> I completely agree. Please file a JIRA on this issue.
>> CompletenessTest
>> didn't get the message about cleaning up after itself. ;-)
>>
>> Karan,
>>
>> This is probably a good way to learn about one of the main
>> components of
>> our O/R mapping test framework.
>>
>> Craig
>>

>> --