db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Typos in spec dtd
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:25:55 GMT
Hi Abe,

Thanks for your comments. I'm happy to put column* into both.

Could you please suggest what the semantics of mapping a single field
to multiple columns means? Are you thinking of a multi-column foreign
key usage for references (relationships) or do you see it applying to
primitive values as well?

Thanks,

Craig

On Aug 30, 2005, at 2:43 PM, Abe White wrote:

>> 1. Why multiple columns in the jdo version of property? I think it
>> should be a single optional "column?".
>>
>> 2. Why not multiple columns in the orm version? I think one is
>> enough.
>>

> Why should we limit interface members to single-column mappings?  I
> vote for keeping column*

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!