db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Bug in orm dtd?: missing serialized attribute of <field>
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 21:14:49 GMT
Hi Michelle,

Actually, I think the oversight is having the serialized attribute in
the orm at all.

The rationale is that things that can affect the operation of the
application should be only in the jdo metadata. Since serialized data
cannot be queried, it affects the application and therefore should
only be in jdo.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll follow up with the expert group,
but for now, you should only put serialized into the jdo files.

If this doesn't make sense please let me know.

Thanks,

Craig

On Aug 3, 2005, at 1:14 PM, Michelle Caisse wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> The dtds in the latest spec specify a serialized attribute for the
> following elements:
>
> jdo: property, field, key, value, element
> orm: property,  key, value, element
>
> Is the lack of a serialized attribute for <field> in the orm an
> unintentional oversight?
>
> -- Michelle

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com