db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg von Frantzius <joerg.von.frantz...@artnology.com>
Subject Re: Interpretation of fetch depth
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:16:55 GMT
Craig Russell schrieb:

> FetchPlan.VALUES is no longer in the specification as of the Proposed
> FInal Draft.

Ayayay, I didn't know that it exists already, sorry. FetchPlan.VALUES
still exists in the latest revision in the subversion repository, by the
way.

>> I'm not sure about that, as FetchPlan.VALUES is not documented overly
>> verbose in the Javadocs and the spec ;)
>

> What happens is that the instance to be fetched using the fetch-depth
> of 1 is fetched as if it were being fetched by e.g. getObjectById. The
> current fetch plan is applied to the class to determine which fields
> are fetched.

OK, I see. I gotta find out dynamically which of the fields are
primitive and which aren't.

Dipl.-Inf. Jörg von Frantzius  |            artnology GmbH
                               |                Milastr. 4
Tel +49 (0)30 4435 099 26      |              10437 Berlin
Fax +49 (0)30 4435 099 99      |  http://www.artnology.com