db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Watzek <mwa.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Patch implementing inheritance proposal - 1 of 2
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:03:20 GMT
Hi Andy, Erik,

I'm using the latest JPOX build and still get exceptions for mapping 2
for both identity types:

Application identity: org.jpox.metadata.InvalidMetaDataException: Class
"org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.company.Employee" has been specified to use
"subclass-table" inheritance strategy yet has at least one field that is
a Collection/Map. This is not currently supported by JPOX.

Datastore identity: org.jpox.metadata.InvalidMetaDataException:
Datastore-identity strategy in class
"org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.company.DentalInsurance" ("identity") is not the
same as the Datastore-Identity strategy declared in the super class(es)
("native").

Please apply the inheritance patch and copy the attached ORM files to
"tck20/test/orm/<identity type>/org/apache/jdo/tck/pc/company". These
files qualify fields of superclasses, e.g. SuperClass.field. Then try
"maven -o -Djdo.tck.cfglist=inheritance2.conf installSchema
runtck.jdori". Do both identity types pass on your side?

Regards,
Michael