db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Support java.lang.Object as FCO
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:29:35 GMT
Hi Andy,

It seems that jpox maps Object as serialized by default.  Where there is
no serialized or embedded attribute on the field, we map to a FK column,
e.g. OBJECT102 BIGINT REFERENCES SIMPLE_CLASS, giving a jpox error:

    An attempt was made to put a data value of type 'byte[]' into a data
value of type 'BIGINT'.

SimpleInterface, which we map identically to Object, works fine.

-- Michelle