db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Does JPOX support PK fields of type java.sql.Date?
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:33:05 GMT
Hi Andy,

> Hi Michael,
>

>>I agree, fields of type java.sql.Date do not default to persistent,
>>where fields of type java.util.Date are persistent by default.
>>
>>The field is marked as primary-key field and the persistence-modifier of
>>a primary-key field defaults to persistent. So we thought there is no
>>need to add persistence-modifier="persistent" to the field metadata,
>>when changing the type from util.Date to sql.Date.
>

> That's true.
>
> Is java.sql.Date, Time, Timestamp a requirement of ObjectIdentity?
> The JDO2 spec remains silent, which means that the impl can really decide for
> itself if it feels like supporting it. JDOImplHelper implies that it is only
> for java.util.Date, java.util.Currency, java.util.Locale.

I think support for java.sql.Date, Time, Timestamp is not a requirement.
For a non SQL JDO implementation such support is less obvious.

> If you want to take this further, you should find any useful info in the
> enhancer log (which is turned off with the TCK's current mode of operation
> for some reason). Since I've got plenty to do right now, I consider this low
> priority.

I agree, this is low priority. BTW, how do I turn on the enhancer log?

Regards Michael
Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin