db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Does JPOX support PK fields of type java.sql.Date?
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:51:21 GMT
Hi Andy,

> Hi Michael,
>

>>for testing reasons I changed the type of a PK field from java.util.Date
>>to java.sql.Date. Running the JPOX enhancer I noticed that the declaring
>>pc class was not enhanced. After I changed the field type back to
>>java.util.Date, the pc class was enhanced properly. Does JPOX support
>>java.sql.Date for PK fields?
>

> Don't see why not, but then I don't see somewhere where I'd want to ;-)
>

>>You can easily reproduce the problem patching class
>>"org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.singlefieldidentity.PCPointSingleFieldDate": Just
>>change the import statement "import java.util.Date;" to "import
>>java.sql.Date;" and run the JPOX enhancer for application identity:
>

> Well if you do that you need to bear in mind that java.sql.Date is *not* by
> default persistent (nor is it in the DFG), whereas java.util.Date is. In your
> class you have no persistence-modifier="persistent" and so the field that you
> want to be PK is *not* actually persistent. That's likely the issue. If you
> look in the log from the enhancer you'll probably find something

I agree, fields of type java.sql.Date do not default to persistent,
where fields of type java.util.Date are persistent by default.

The field is marked as primary-key field and the persistence-modifier of
a primary-key field defaults to persistent. So we thought there is no
need to add persistence-modifier="persistent" to the field metadata,
when changing the type from util.Date to sql.Date.

Regards Michael

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin