db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Running a single test in fostore20 (was Re: Problem with self-referencing relationship)
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:20:15 GMT
Hi,

[...]

>> I heard you mentioning on the conference call that i
>> could run an individual test in maven, could you please tell me how to do
>> that?
>

> It depends on which project you're running. The TCK can run a single
> configuration (combination of database, test data, and test program. In
> the tck20 directory maven help should give you the details.
>
> If you're in the fostore20 project, it's a work in progress. I don't see
> any way to run a single test. That would be a good thing to add to the
> maven.xml. Something like a system property so you could do:

maven has some builtin support to run JUnit tests (it is the Maven Test
Plug-in). The build goal uses this plugin to run all the specified JUnit
tests. The plugin provides a goal test:single to run a single which can
be used in the fostore20 subproject:
   maven -Dtestcase=org.apache.jdo.test.Test_EmpDeptAppId test:single

Please note, this does not work in the tck20 subproject, since it runs
configurations not single test cases.

Regards Michael

> maven -Djdo.test.name=org.apache.jdo.test.Test_EmpDeptAppId run.single
>
>> My fostore20 tests are all having errors? Is anybody else facing the
>> same problems with fostore20 (i hope its nothing to do with file
>> permissions
>> or something-- but my guess is that should result in failures instead of
>> errors)
>

> I checked in a fix for FOStorePMF and StateManagerImpl to meet the JDO2
> requirements this afternoon. When I run fostore20 now, I just get one
> error related to the new jdoNewObjectIdInstance that changed between
> JDO1 and JDO2.
> Running org.apache.jdo.test.Test_EmpDeptAppId
>     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 10.737 sec
>     [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.jdo.test.Test_EmpDeptAppId FAILED
>
> Craig
>

>> On 8/8/05, Craig Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com
>> <mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Andy, Karan,
>>> On Aug 8, 2005, at 11:30 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:
>>>
>>> Any update on this?
>>>

>>> Not from me. Not had time to look at it. Don't know if Erik has.
>>>
>>> Out of interest, how do I run this "CompletenessTest" on its own ?
>>> (since
>>> it's
>>> not in alltests.conf). I've tried running "companyNoRelationships.conf",
>>> which is fine for 1 run, but if I run it again it tries to insert the
>>> same
>>> data again and causes duplicate key issues. Tests should be cleaning
>>> themselves out so they leave the datastore in the same state as it
>>> was at
>>> startup (IMHO).
>>>

>>> I completely agree. Please file a JIRA on this issue. CompletenessTest
>>> didn't get the message about cleaning up after itself. ;-)
>>>
>>> Karan,
>>>
>>> This is probably a good way to learn about one of the main components of
>>> our O/R mapping test framework.
>>>
>>> Craig
>>>

>>> --
>>> Andy