db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Watzek <mwa.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: JIRA JDO-68
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 10:30:34 GMT
Hi Andy,

I found the problem:

I had prepared the ORM metadata for class "FieldsOfCharacter" in another
local workspace. Mistakenly, I made a stupid copy/paste mistake copying
wrong metadata for class "FieldsOfCharacter" into my current workspace:
I copied the contents of file "FieldsOfPrimitivechar-derby.orm" to file
"FieldsOfCharacter-derby.orm".

Fixing this, test "TestFieldsOfCharacter" successfully passes.

One question: JPOX does not complain if the ORM metadata for a class
specifies fields which do not exist in that class. Would it be an option
to throw a JDOFatalUserException("ORM metadata of class XXX specifies
column mapping for field YYY. This field does not exist in the class.")
in this case?

Regards,
Michael