db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Patch implementing inheritance proposal - 1 of 2
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:19:53 GMT
Hi Michael,

> I'm using the latest JPOX build and still get exceptions for mapping 2
> for both identity types:
>
> Application identity: org.jpox.metadata.InvalidMetaDataException: Class
> "org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.company.Employee" has been specified to use
> "subclass-table" inheritance strategy yet has at least one field that is
> a Collection/Map. This is not currently supported by JPOX.

Hardly suprising since I previously said that this is not currently supported,
in the original mail. I've made some changes to enable this, but haven't yet
removed the metadata check (because I don't want all users going off and
using it yet).

My email of this morning, and Eriks' of last night, were for the issue about
overriding field specifications of superclasses.

> Please apply the inheritance patch and copy the attached ORM files to
> "tck20/test/orm/<identity type>/org/apache/jdo/tck/pc/company".

Since these are new tests, what is the problem with just checking them into
SVN ? so then we can just run the TCK when we next get a moment. Since we're
not talking about released software here, I don't see a problem with it.
I personally don't want to get into applying patches to the TCK in order to
try it - since there's only me and Erik working on JPOX core/enhancer in our
spare time, we have enough to be working on right now ;-)

--
Andy