db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Aug 19, 9 am PST
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2005 09:25:07 GMT
> CollectionOfObject doesn't work JDO-121. AI: Need feedback from Erik
> or Andy.

Feedback : CollectionCollections has a field Object1 that is a
Collection<SimpleClass> embedded in the join table. The TCK is expecting a
schema with join table having columns for the FK back to the owner object,
and the fields for the element. JPOX looks at this from a different angle and
requires a PK on this join table and so, since we don't have an id for the
embedded SimpleClass, we add an "adapter index" column to form the PK. As has
been discussed in the past, the user has no obvious way of saying that they
don't want a PK applying to the join table. They have the <primary-key>
element but that is only currently for specifying the pk name.

In addition, since the test is using java.util.Collection, which can allow
duplicates, the JDO impl can utilise an "adapter index" in the same way to
allow duplicates in the join table.

--
Andy
Java Persistent Objects - JPOX