db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Does JPOX support PK fields of type java.sql.Date?
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:08:17 GMT
Hi Michael,

> I agree, fields of type java.sql.Date do not default to persistent,
> where fields of type java.util.Date are persistent by default.
>
> The field is marked as primary-key field and the persistence-modifier of
> a primary-key field defaults to persistent. So we thought there is no
> need to add persistence-modifier="persistent" to the field metadata,
> when changing the type from util.Date to sql.Date.

That's true.

Is java.sql.Date, Time, Timestamp a requirement of ObjectIdentity?
The JDO2 spec remains silent, which means that the impl can really decide for
itself if it feels like supporting it. JDOImplHelper implies that it is only
for java.util.Date, java.util.Currency, java.util.Locale.

If you want to take this further, you should find any useful info in the
enhancer log (which is turned off with the TCK's current mode of operation
for some reason). Since I've got plenty to do right now, I consider this low
priority.

--
Andy