db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: JPOX enhancer bug
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:44:15 GMT
> I've patched the JDOImplHelper class to make the construct method
> static. There are no issues that I can think of to make this method
> static, so I'll change this.
>
> Does this help?

Hi Craig,

Thanks for looking into it. Referring to Michael's mail of the added
jdoCopyKeyFieldsFromObjectId() method, the error is at the end where it needs
to create a Date (or Locale, or Currency, or whatever) from the "oid". Is
construct() doing this ? or is it doing the reverse (I remember scanning
through it when you added ObjectIdentity and seeing the sort of parsing I
need to create an object from the oid, but may have been mistaken).

     protected void jdoCopyKeyFieldsFromObjectId(Object oid)
     {
         if(!(oid instanceof ObjectIdentity))
         {
             throw new ClassCastException("key class is not
javax.jdo.identity.ObjectIdentity or null");
         } else
         {
             ObjectIdentity o = (ObjectIdentity)oid;
             id = new Date(o.getKey());