db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <hedh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patch for project.xml
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 12:57:50 GMT
On Sunday 07 August 2005 20:43, Karan Malhi wrote:
> 1. Does this project depend on 2.7.3 or can we move to 2.7.4 or 2.7.2. If
> yes, then this will allow us to set maven to automatically download antlr.

Someone wrote that the ANTLR version being dependent upon is custom, but the
version numbering doesn't indicate anything special, so perhaps it is just a
"pre-built" with features coming into later versions.

> 2. Andy, if we can upload something to ibiblio repository using the
> following (as you mentioned in a mail earlier)
> maven create-upload-bundle
> then why do we need a seperate repository for jpox to be hosted at
> www.jpox.org <http://www.jpox.org>. Can the jpox group upload the jars at
> the ibiblio repository?

ibiblio.org is a large data store with a long-term noble goal of NEVER
removing anything that has been placed there. Therefor, the general
recommendation is to keep "temporary" artifacts on "other" repository hosts.
Apache uses http://cvs.apache.org/repository, and all Apache committers can
put stuff in there, and it is NOT synced out to ibiblio.org.

It is also expected that all temporary content is removed from there as those
artifacts get released properly.

> 3. What is the best practice while specifying the remote repository
> location? Do we just keep appending to ~/build.properties or do we keep
> appending new locations to the individual projects' project.properties?

I think the general consensus is that this should be specified for each
project, so that "no extra steps" are required to build a project after
checkout. Normally the home dir settings are only used for "personal" things,
like passwords to upload artifacts.

Cheers
Niclas