db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Trygve Laugstøl <tryg...@inamo.no>
Subject Re: Patch for project.xml
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 13:39:31 GMT
On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 01:54:11PM +0100, Andy Jefferson wrote:
> > 2. Andy, if we can upload something to ibiblio repository using the
> > following (as you mentioned in a mail earlier)
> > maven create-upload-bundle
>
> Hi Karan,
>
> no, JPOX cannot upload things to IBiblio like that. All that maven
> create-upload-bundle does is create a jar that can then be passed to the
> Maven people to upload. JPOX has to go through the published Maven process
> for uploading (http://maven.apache.org/reference/repository-upload.html)
> If Apache have some way of uploading things to IBiblio using these bundles
> then they can use that, but JPOX has no connection with Apache and we follow
> the standard process to get things on Ibiblibliblio.

I though JPOX was supposed to move to Apache as the JDO RI? If so you
could use the same automagic upload process as JDO.

> Trygve,
> can IBiblio set up an rsync with the JPOX maven repo ? (just like they do with
> the "maven-plugins" SF repo). If so, can you please request it from whoever
> does such things.

We're going to make a separate repository for SNAPSHOTs[1]. We'll get back
to you when the repository is set up. Currently the strategy is that all
folks that want to depend on snapshots has to use the repository from the developers like
you already have[2].

Btw, technically the rsync is done by the Maven team, we synch from the
sources (maven-plugins, apache, etc) to our master server and then sync
that to ibiblio.

[1]: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-708
[2]: http://www.jpox.org/downloads/maven

--