db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: embedded SimpleInterface, Object
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:02:07 GMT
> "org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.fieldtypes.FieldsOfSimpleInterface.SimpleInterface1"
> is of type "org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.fieldtypes.SimpleInterface" yet has
> been specified as embedded. JPOX doesnt support embedding of this type.
> Your embedded type must be PersistenceCapable.

I'm glad JPOX exception handling catches these situations :-)
JPOX supports embedding of PC instances, but *not* of interfaces.

It will get supported when we have time but, like Apache JDO and the TCK, we
don't have large numbers of volunteers here so need to prioritise our work to
coordinate with what the TCK is requiring.

It also comes down to which parts of the JDO2 spec are to be considered
mandatory and which are optional. I don't recall any significant discussion
of this in the EG.

--
Andy