db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: JIRA JDO-68
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:10:39 GMT
> The message reads as if the exception is thrown during execution of
> SchemaTool. I'm not sure if SchemaTool if executed running TCK because
> TCK assumes there is an existing schema in DB. These are JPOX parameters
> that TCK specifies in file "jdori.properties":

Hi Michael,

SchemaTool is simply a wrapper to "JPOX runtime" but with autoCreateSchema,
autoCreateConstraints set to true and the metadata files loaded up
immediately (code reuse !). They both load the metadata and the load of
metadata is throwing the exception - so it is the same with either. The error
at runtime is this :-

org.jpox.metadata.InvalidMetaDataException: Class org.jpox.test.Simple has
field org.jpox.test.Simple.name2 declared in MetaData, but this field doesnt
exist in the class!
          at org.jpox.metadata.ClassMetaData.populate(ClassMetaData.java:693)
          at
org.jpox.metadata.MetaDataManager.populateClassesInFile(MetaDataManager.java:636)
          at
org.jpox.metadata.MetaDataManager.getFileMetaDataForUrlContainingClass(MetaDataManager.java:1186)
          at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.internalMakePersistent(AbstractPersistenceManager.java:952)
          at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.makePersistent(AbstractPersistenceManager.java:1050)

Why you don't see this must be down to your exact metadata files and where you
have the classes etc.

--
Andy
Java Persistent Objects - JPOX