db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release of Apache JDO beta/snapshot ?
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:28:27 GMT
Releases from the incubator are fine. The release needs to say "in
incubation" somehow, and the Incubator PPMC has the final say on it
(release is technically by the incubator PPMC).

Process to do so (I think):

1) Release manager (RM) tags said release candidate

2) RM builds binaries, signs em, and makes them available to the
incubator PPMC. This is *not* a release and should not be publicized
as such.

3) Start vote for release on incubator list.

-Brian

nb: I personally feel that putting binaries together rather than
voting to release based on the tag is not a good approach, but "you
vote on binaries" has been established somewhere in the past for the
incubator, I am pretty sure.