db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JDOFatalInternalException using single field identity
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 01:49:48 GMT
Hi,

I think there is a misunderstanding, and we need to update the wiki
page to be more clear.

We now have the ability to run a single test case in multiple
combinations of:

database
identity type (application or datastore)
test case class

This is only slightly different from the former runtck.jdorisingle
which no longer exists.

The new single test case runs all combinations of database, identity
type, and test case classes. I think it's very useful and I don't
miss the old jdorisingle at all. I know that when I had to run a new
test case against both application and datastore identity it was kind
of a pain. And now it's easy.

But we do need to document it better.

Craig

On Jul 6, 2005, at 2:10 AM, Michael Watzek wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>

>> Hi Michael,
>>
>>> I think, we do not support this case currently. You can run a single
>>> test class, but you cannot run a single test case if the test
>>> class has
>>> several test cases like class "NewObjectIdInstance".
>>>
>> OK. I consider it a "must-have". We used to have "runsingle" or
>> something. I see no Maven goal of this form now. When debugging
>> issues it is essential to have that. People shouldn't have to run
>> all cases for a particular class and then find the one they want
>> in the log.
>>
> The former "runsingle" maven goal is equivalent to running a single
> configuration having a single test case with a single identity
> type. If you run class "NewObjectIdInstance" with the former
> "runsingle" goal, then the same amount of test cases would have
> been executed.
>

>>> Editting your project.properties file wrt entry
>>> "jdo.tck.identitytypes",
>>> you can run class "NewObjectIdInstance" only for application
>>> identity.
>>> On my system, this takes less than 10 seconds.
>>>
>> I'll give it a run *when* it's in SVN. Just not got time at the
>> moment for applying patches etc before I can run it. When will it
>> be in SVN ?
>>
> I'm still busy preparing a patch. I'll send it to jdo-dev today.
> Probably, it will be commited by beginning of next week.
>
> Regards,
> Michael
>
>> PS. The latest nightly build you were using is not the latest. You
>> need to look at :-
>> http://www.jpox.org/downloads/nightly
>> to get the very latest (SourceForge have changed their logon
>> process so we can't automatically put our nightly build on their
>> site at the moment).
>>

> --
> Michael Watzek                  Tech@Spree Engineering GmbH
> mailto:mwa.tech@spree.de        Buelowstr. 66
> Tel.:  ++49/30/235 520 36       10783 Berlin - Germany
> Fax.:  ++49/30/217 520 12       http://www.spree.de/

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!