db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Embedded collections of non-PC objects
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:07:23 GMT
Hi Andy,

JDO2 defines an attribute "serialized" that specifies whether the
contents of a field should be serialized and dumped into a single
column, and therefore not queryable. It does allow for any
serializable data to be stored, regardless of whether the data is
persistence-capable or not.

So I think it is a requirement for the Reference Implementation...

To help clarify this for the TCK, we can/should add the "serialized"
attribute to the columns in the metadata that are embedded.

Thanks,

Craig

On Jul 12, 2005, at 12:46 PM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

> Hi Michelle,
>

>> Now we get an error with collection types where the field is embedded
>> but jpox is looking for a table for the field:
>> Iteration request failed : SELECT THIS.BIGDECIMAL_ELE FROM
>> applicationidentity0.COLLECTION_OF_BIG_DECIMAL19 THIS WHERE 1 =
>> THIS.IDENTIFIER_OID
>>

>> NestedThrowablesStackTrace:
>> ERROR 42X05: Table 'APPLICATIONIDENTITY0.COLLECTION_OF_BIG_DECIMAL19'
>> does not exist.
>>

> JPOX persists collections of non-PC's in a join table. Is there a
> join table
> here ? because you have none in your metadata.
>
> Are you expecting us to create some massive BLOB column and dump
> all of the
> collection into that ? because we don't support that currently, and
> I don't
> have any requests from users to do such a thing (since querying of the
> elements would be getting close to impossible).
>

> --
> Andy
> Java Persistent Objects - JPOX

Craig Russell