db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Watzek <mwa.t...@spree.de>
Subject ALTER TABLE clauses in TCK schemas
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:14:31 GMT
Hi Michelle,

the TCK schemas for application identity and datastore indentity both
contain two "ALTER TABLE" statements on table "project_reviewer". I
think, both statements are redundant, because in the "CREATE TABLE"
statement of table "project_reviewer" column "PROJID" as well as column
"REVIEWER" have "REFERENCE" clauses already:

CREATE TABLE project_reviewer (
     PROJID INTEGER REFERENCES projects NOT NULL,
     REVIEWER INTEGER REFERENCES persons NOT NULL
);

ALTER TABLE project_reviewer
     ADD CONSTRAINT PR_PROJ_FK FOREIGN KEY
         (PROJID) REFERENCES projects(PROJID);

ALTER TABLE project_reviewer
     ADD CONSTRAINT PR_REV_FK FOREIGN KEY
         (REVIEWER) REFERENCES persons(PERSONID);

For this reason, I suggest to delete both "ALTER TABLE" statements.

Regards,
Michael