db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release of Apache JDO beta/snapshot ?
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:48:16 GMT
Andy Jefferson wrote:
> I asked this question back in April and got a response that it wasn't possible
> while in this Incubator or something. Since we have users asking for this,
> and since we have to coordinate JPOX releases to match it, I'll ask again ...
>
> Can we please have the Apache JDO jar released somewhere so that people can
> download it ? By all means mark it with a date, or SNAPSHOT, or
> USE_THIS_AT_YOUR_OWN_RISK, but please release it somewhere.
>
> Any Apache person prepared to venture an estimate when this can be done ? It's
> been an Action Item on the minutes of the TCK minutes since May.

It is possible to do releases from the Incubator but it needs to be very
clear to users that this is not an offical release by the ASF and to the
Incubator PMC that this something needed to help build the community of
the podling.

To that end, sticking something on a wiki or some external site is
likely to be very *unhelpful.* Better to follow normal ASF procedure for
cutting a release, then when you have the final distribution ready
contact the IPMC (via general@incubator) to get final approval to
release it.

For general release process see http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

--