db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Notes on today's checkins
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:44:33 GMT
Hi Craig,

> Hi,
>
> A few notes on the checkins that Michelle and I did today.
>
> 1. Only one person can check in, but everything we checked in today was
> a collaboration among Michelle, Michael W, and me.
>
> 2. The team had decided earlier that we did not want to require a
> dependency (Maven) on a JNDI implementation in order to run the TCK,
> since only two of the test classes even need JNDI. But Michelle and I
> didn't want to put the providerutil.jar and fscontext.jar directly into
> the tck20 directory. So we added tck20/lib/ext and put the jar files
> there. We intended to but forgot to update the README.txt to discuss this.

There are three subprojects having a JNDI related test case: ri11,
fostore20 and tck20. All of them need an JNDI implementation (e.g.
providerutil.jar and fscontext.jar) and it would be best to store them
in a directory that is available for all subprojects. I propose putting
them under trunk/lib/ext instead of trunk/tck20/lib/ext.

Attached you find a patch for review. I changed the project.properties
in ri11, fostore20 and tck20 to refer to ../lib/ext. I also updated the
JNDI section in README.txt. What do you think?

> 3. We found an issue with the property in
> jndi.properties java.naming.provider.url=file:. that produced a fatal
> exception in the Mac version of JNDI. It appeared to be a weird error
> complete with misspelling, and didn't encounter the error when we
> removed the property. If other platforms encounter errors (not failures)
> running the JNDI tests, we need to discuss and possibly file a Sun bug
> report.

I removed java.naming.provider.url=file:. from all the jndi.properties.

Regards Michael

> [...]

>     [java]      at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
>     [java]      at junit.textui.TestRunner.doRun(TestRunner.java:116)
>     [java]      at junit.textui.TestRunner.doRun(TestRunner.java:109)
>     [java]      at
> org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.start(BatchTestRunner.java:128)
>     [java]      at
> org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.main(BatchTestRunner.java:106)
>     [java] NestedThrowablesStackTrace:
>     [java] javax.naming.NoPermissionException; remaining name
> '"/Users/clr/apachejdo/jdo/trunk/tck20/target/./Users/clr/apachejdo/jdo/trunk/tck20/target/classes"'
>     [java]      at
> com.sun.jndi.fscontext.FSContext.checkCanWrite(FSContext.java:939)
>     [java]      at
> com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContext.setBindings(RefFSContext.java:594)
>     [java]      at
> com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContext.bindObject(RefFSContext.java:338)
>     [java]      at
> com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContext.bind(RefFSContext.java:169)
>     [java]      at com.sun.jndi.fscontext.FSContext.bind(FSContext.java:167)
>     [java]      at javax.naming.InitialContext.bind(InitialContext.java:355)
>     [java]      at
> org.apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanagerfactory.GetPMFByJNDILocation.getPMF(GetPMFByJNDILocation.java:91)
>     [java]      at
> org.apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanagerfactory.AbstractGetPMF.checkGetPMFWithValidProperties(AbstractGetPMF.java:139)
>     [java]      at
> org.apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanagerfactory.GetPMFByJNDILocation.testValidGetPMF(GetPMFByJNDILocation.java:75)
>     [java]      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>     [java]      at
>     [java]      at
>     [java]      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>     [java]      at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
>     [java]      at org.apache.jdo.tck.JDO_Test.runBare(JDO_Test.java:197)
>     [java]      at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
>     [java]      at
> junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
>     [java]      at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
>     [java]      at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
>     [java]      at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
>     [java]      at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
>     [java]      at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
>     [java]      at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
>     [java]      at junit.textui.TestRunner.doRun(TestRunner.java:116)
>     [java]      at junit.textui.TestRunner.doRun(TestRunner.java:109)
>     [java]      at
> org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.start(BatchTestRunner.java:128)
>     [java]      at
> org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.main(BatchTestRunner.java:106)

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin