db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Proposed solution for JDO-69 - embedded Address field issue
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:47:45 GMT

JDO-69 describes a test error that occurs when the test attempts to make
an embedded class persistent. The solution that I propose is an
extension of one we previously implemented for tearDownClasses  In this
case, I propose adding to CompanyModelReader an array containing the
embedded classes for the model and a boolean method isEmbedded(Class).
In QueryTest, I check if the class is embedded before making it
persistent.  See the attached patch.

The concern that I have about this solution is that it only works for a
particular mapping of the company model.

The proposed solution fixes most of the 17 errors caused by this issue
under application identity.  Under datastore identity, the affected
tests produce a different error --  the implementation expects an
identity field for the embedded Address class (JDO-83).

-- Michelle

View raw message