db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Embedded collections of non-PC objects
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:03:57 GMT
Andy Jefferson wrote:

>JPOX persists collections of non-PC's in a join table. Is there a join table
>here ? because you have none in your metadata.
>
>Are you expecting us to create some massive BLOB column and dump all of the
>collection into that ? because we don't support that currently, and I don't
>have any requests from users to do such a thing (since querying of the
>elements would be getting close to impossible).

Hi Andy,

Yup, that's the general idea.  We create the BLOB column in the schema.
We are testing cases where these collections are embedded-element=true,
embedded-element=false, and default (also not embedded).  We have join
tables for the non-embedded fields and columns in a table for the
embedded fields.

-- Michelle