db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Watzek <mwa.t...@spree.de>
Subject JPOX generated tablenames
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:58:42 GMT
Hi Erik, Andy,

I have question concerning tablenames in SQL statements which JPOX
generates at runtime:

It seems that tablenames which are longer than 25 characters specified
in the orm metadata are mangeled by JPOX runtime. As a consequence, the
database throws a SQLException because the table does not exist.

I understand that many databases restrict SQL identifiers to a length of
30 characters, though SQL92 specifies a max length of 128 characters.

What is the reason, that JPOX mangels tablenames specified in the orm
metadata?

Regards,
Michael