db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Watzek <mwa.t...@spree.de>
Subject Completeness test with different relationship configurations
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 15:42:10 GMT
Hi Craig,

currently, I'm preparing the completeness test to run with different
configurations as we decided in last t-conference. I started with adding
input XML files for the company model for different relationship types:

- companyEmbedded.xml:
This input file adds embedded objects to input file
companyNoRelationships.xml.

- company1-1Relationships.xml
This input file adds 1-1 relationships to input file
companyNoRelationships.xml.

- company1-MRelationships.xml
This input file adds 1-M relationships to input file
companyNoRelationships.xml.

- companyM-MRelationships.xml:
This input file adds M-M relationships to input file
companyNoRelationships.xml.

My understanding is that we add a new configuration for each of these
input files, and that we run the completeness test with each of those
configurations.

Currently, the completeness test reads one root object (company1) from
an input file and makes that persistent. Afterwards, it starts a new
transaction and reads that root object from the database. Finally, it
compares the two objects.

I think, we have to adapt the test case in order to make 1-1
relationships work: Due to the fact that company does not have a 1-1
relationship, the XML reader only creates an isolated company object in
this case.

I see two options to solve this:

1) We pass the name of a root object to the test case and add the name
to the configurations. Different configurations would create different
root objects which are appropriate for their needs.

2) We change the completeness test in order to create one root object of
each persistent model class.

What do you think?

Regards,
Michael