db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Watzek <mwa.t...@spree.de>
Subject 2nd patch for new test cases
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:27:48 GMT
Hi,

the mails you'll receive in a minute will contain several patch files
which all belong together. I had to split up the single patch file
because it became too big. So, the next mails will have attached the
following files:

1) Schema.patch
2) PCClasses-for-assertions-A7.patch
3) Assertions-A7.patch
4) Assertions-A8.patch
5) Environment.patch
6) JDOHelper.patch

These patches contain test cases for assertions A7.12-38, A7.12-39,
A7.12-25, A8.6-13 - A8.6-20. In addition to the patch which I sent
yesterday, file "Assertions-A8.patch" contains test cases for assertions
A8.6-17 - A8.6-20.

In order to make these work, I had to add getPMF methods to JDOHelper
having arguments of type "InputStream". That's why file JDOHelper.patch"
contains changes on "javax/jdo/JDOHelper.java" and
"java/javax/jdo/Bundle.properties". Feel free to change the
implementations of those methods.

Furthermore, file "Assertions-A7.patch" fixes bugs in test cases for
assertions A8.6-13 - A8.6-16.

Please note: You must apply all patches together (or none). Please apply
patches 1) - 5) in directory "tck20". Apply "JDOHelper.patch" in
directory "api20".

Before you start a TCK run you need to add the fscontext JNDI
implementation to your maven repository. Please add a directory
"jndi/jars". There, you copy "fscontext.jar" and "providerutil.jar" and
rename these to "fscontext-SNAPSHOT.jar" and "providerutil-SNAPSHOT.jar".

The fscontext JNDI implementation needs to be in the classpath because
the test cases for assertions A8.6-19, A8.6-20 (GetPMFByJNDILocation,
GetPMFByJNDILocationAndClassLoader) use the JNDI context of that
implementation.

Some comments to these test cases:

The positive test case constructs a PMF instance by File and binds this
instance to the JNDI context. Afterwards it calls
"JDOHelper.getPersistenceManagerFactory" and passes the JNDI context.
Finally, it unbinds the PMF instance.

The negative test case does not construct a PMF instance. Instead, it
passes an empty JNDI context to "JDOHelper.getPersistenceManagerFactory".

A TCK run including these patches has the following outcome:

Application identity:
Tests run: 394,  Failures: 10,  Errors: 93, Time: 245,657 seconds.

Datastore indentity:
Tests run: 394,  Failures: 10,  Errors: 88, Time: 192,875 seconds.

Regards,
Michael