db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Watzek <mwa.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: JDOFatalInternalException using single field identity
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 09:10:05 GMT
Hi Andy,

> Hi Michael,
>

>>I think, we do not support this case currently. You can run a single
>>test class, but you cannot run a single test case if the test class has
>>several test cases like class "NewObjectIdInstance".
>

> OK. I consider it a "must-have". We used to have "runsingle" or something. I
> see no Maven goal of this form now. When debugging issues it is essential to
> have that. People shouldn't have to run all cases for a particular class and
> then find the one they want in the log.
The former "runsingle" maven goal is equivalent to running a single
configuration having a single test case with a single identity type. If
you run class "NewObjectIdInstance" with the former "runsingle" goal,
then the same amount of test cases would have been executed.

>>Editting your project.properties file wrt entry "jdo.tck.identitytypes",
>>you can run class "NewObjectIdInstance" only for application identity.
>>On my system, this takes less than 10 seconds.
>

> I'll give it a run *when* it's in SVN. Just not got time at the moment for
> applying patches etc before I can run it. When will it be in SVN ?
I'm still busy preparing a patch. I'll send it to jdo-dev today.
Probably, it will be commited by beginning of next week.

Regards,
Michael