db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Completeness test with different relationship configurations
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 16:53:52 GMT
Hi Michael,

Mea culpa. I did not realize that when I changed the test data of the
company model to remove the relationships, I also removed the entire
graph except for the company1 model. That single instance was
persisted, and that single instance was compared.

I had meant that all of the objects in the graph would have been
instantiated and made persistent and compared. So your concern with
the 1-1 relationships below is just part of a bigger issue.

I think the solution is to identify the "islands" of non-connected
object graphs and to check all of the islands in the comparison.

The list of "islands" would need to be specified as a property, as a
file, or hard coded into subclasses of CompletenessTest.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!