db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JIRA JDO-104
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:33:41 GMT
Hi Andy,

I'm open to the idea of a class containing these constants for use in
all TCK tests. I don't know where it belongs and what the class
should be called. Then there's the minor issue of writing the patch...

But I wouldn't let an improvement like this hold up getting the
functionality that we need.

Craig

On Jul 28, 2005, at 10:25 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

> Hi Michelle,
>

>> I've attached a patch for this issue for your review.  It replaces
>> all
>> occurences of  Double.MAX_VALUE, Double.MIN_VALUE,
>> Float.MAX_VALUE, and
>> Float.MIN_VALUE with AllTypes.DOUBLE_LARGEST,
>> AllTypes.DOUBLE_SMALLEST,
>> AllTypes.FLOAT_LARGEST, AllTypes.FLOAT_SMALLEST, respectively.
>>

> Beat me to it!
>
> Looks good.
>
> The only thing I was thinking of was having the sample values
> defined in a
> helper class, and having the values being used by FieldsOfDouble,
> FieldsOfFloat, FieldsOfInt, etc as well as by ArrayListCollections,
> CollectionCollections, etc. The benefit of doing that would be that
> there
> would then be a standard set of values for each type, and the field
> tests and
> collection tests could use the same values - so if we need to
> change them to
> support other sample values we only change it in one place, and
> both types of
> tests pick them up. Maybe its not necessary, and you're more
> familiar with
> how the TCK is structured so can decide for yourselves.
>
> --
> Andy

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com