db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Trygve Laugstøl <tryg...@inamo.no>
Subject Re: Place to download JPOX nightly builds
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:30:45 GMT
On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 10:11:46AM -0700, erik@jpox.org wrote:
> Trygve,
>
> We usually make releases available in ibiblio, but not nightly builds. It takes
> days to have a jar deployed in ibiblio, unless you know a way to go though
> that, do you? :-)

Yes I do:

1) Just make a simple Maven repository under the jpox site, for example
   like this:

    http://www.jpox.org/downloads/maven

   And use Maven to deploy to this repository.

2) Talk to the Maven repository team (I'm a part of the team) to get the
   snapshots uploaded into the SNAPSHOTs repository. As a part of our work
   on Maven 2 we have done substansial work on the repository structure
   and one of these changes are splitting the repo into release and
   snapshot repositories.

Note that 2) requires 1) in one form or another, it can be private but I
don't see a reason why you would want that.

Also note that 1) is useful on it's own; I can have multiple remote
repositories in my Maven project configuration.

--
Trygve