db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: JIRA JDO-104
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:25:14 GMT
Hi Michelle,

> I've attached a patch for this issue for your review.  It replaces all
> occurences of  Double.MAX_VALUE, Double.MIN_VALUE, Float.MAX_VALUE, and
> Float.MIN_VALUE with AllTypes.DOUBLE_LARGEST, AllTypes.DOUBLE_SMALLEST,
> AllTypes.FLOAT_LARGEST, AllTypes.FLOAT_SMALLEST, respectively.

Beat me to it!

Looks good.

The only thing I was thinking of was having the sample values defined in a
helper class, and having the values being used by FieldsOfDouble,
FieldsOfFloat, FieldsOfInt, etc as well as by ArrayListCollections,
CollectionCollections, etc. The benefit of doing that would be that there
would then be a standard set of values for each type, and the field tests and
collection tests could use the same values - so if we need to change them to
support other sample values we only change it in one place, and both types of
tests pick them up. Maybe its not necessary, and you're more familiar with
how the TCK is structured so can decide for yourselves.

--
Andy