db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject JIRA JDO-104
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:07:41 GMT
In reference to the Collection/List/Set tests failing with errors such as :-

test(org.apache.jdo.tck.models.fieldtypes.TestArrayListCollections)javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException:

ERROR 22003: The resulting value is outside the range for the data type
DOUBLE.

The test is trying to use a Collection of doubles, and insert Java values of
Double.MAX_SIZE into a Derby DOUBLE column, which will always be touch and go
with rounding issues etc (and whether the RDBMS in question complains when
the value is just outside its range, which Derby does, but MySQL doesn't).

I look at the TestFieldsOfDouble and see that the largest value used in that
test for a Double is AllTypes.DOUBLE_LARGEST  =  9999999999999.9
Should we not be using the same values (whatever they are) in the
collection/list/set tests, so we have consistency ?

--
Andy