db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Embedded collections of non-PC objects
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:46:34 GMT
Hi Michelle,

> Now we get an error with collection types where the field is embedded
> but jpox is looking for a table for the field:
> Iteration request failed : SELECT THIS.BIGDECIMAL_ELE FROM
> applicationidentity0.COLLECTION_OF_BIG_DECIMAL19 THIS WHERE 1 =
> THIS.IDENTIFIER_OID

> NestedThrowablesStackTrace:
> ERROR 42X05: Table 'APPLICATIONIDENTITY0.COLLECTION_OF_BIG_DECIMAL19'
> does not exist.

JPOX persists collections of non-PC's in a join table. Is there a join table
here ? because you have none in your metadata.

Are you expecting us to create some massive BLOB column and dump all of the
collection into that ? because we don't support that currently, and I don't
have any requests from users to do such a thing (since querying of the
elements would be getting close to impossible).

--
Andy
Java Persistent Objects - JPOX