db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: JPOX generated tablenames
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:46:39 GMT
> I understand that many databases restrict SQL identifiers to a length of
> 30 characters, though SQL92 specifies a max length of 128 characters.
>
> What is the reason, that JPOX mangels tablenames specified in the orm
> metadata?

Something that had been in the codebase from before its JPOX lifetime and that
I'd meant to remove (so I just did - thanks for reminding me) :-).

Derby accepts table names up to 30 chars in length. If the user specifies
anything longer than 30, the last part of the name is hashed so we limit the
specified tablename to 30 chars. If the user specifies a name of 30 chars or
less then it is now preserved.

--
Andy
Java Persistent Objects - JPOX