db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Proposed solution for JDO-69
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:57:15 GMT
Hi Michelle,

The addrid field is a persistent field in the application domain, and
should be mapped in both application and datastore identity cases. I
think the easiest way to do it is to add field mapping and column
ADDRID to the schema and mapping files. Even though addrid is not the
identity field, it's still a persistent field in the model and needs
to be mapped.

I also notice that in the package.jdo for the company model, Address
is defined thus:

         <class name="Address" requires-extent="false">
             <field name="addrid" persistence-modifier="none"/>
         </class>

This isn't right, as the addrid field is an application field that
needs to be set to the application value in order for comparisons to
succeed.

Craig

On Jul 12, 2005, at 2:47 PM, Michelle Caisse wrote:

> The proposed solution fixes most of the 17 errors caused by this
> issue under application identity.  Under datastore identity, the
> affected tests produce a different error --  the implementation
> expects an identity field for the embedded Address class (JDO-83).

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!