db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From e...@jpox.org
Subject Re: jdoPreClear on deleted instances
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:40:42 GMT
Thx,

The NullPointException is happening on a collection field, which is lazy loaded
by JPOX, but at this time, the field was not loaded.

The JDO spec states the access to fields is not allowed, but the TCK test does
in the jdoPreClear. If I'm correct, this situation is not determined by the
spec, and we may have any kind of problems, from returning undetermined values
to the user or raising exceptions to returning the correct value.

Regards,