db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JDO-61
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 22:14:44 GMT
Hi Michelle,

I think this is a database init/cleanup issue. The tests are cleverly
written to do a very simple test to see if the database is
initialized, and the test isn't reliable. But the fact that the same
test run twice fails means that either the test is doing something
wrong or the implementation is.

Craig

On Jun 9, 2005, at 11:38 AM, Michelle Caisse wrote:

> Yup, it passes on the first run with a clean database, but if you
> run the same test a second time it fails.  I've added a comment to
> the JIRA.
>
> -- Michelle
>
> Andy Jefferson wrote:
>

>>> Is there anything in cvs but not in the latest build that would
>>> cause
>>> this test to pass?
>>>
>>> Are you running with the same jdo properties that we do (checked
>>> into
>>> test/conf)?
>>>

>> What I use is :-
>> Apache JDO : SVN
>> JPOX : CVS
>>
>> I changed a few things in extent handling this morning but nothing
>> of significance that would affect the creation of the SELECT for
>> the iterator.
>>
>> What I run is :-
>> maven clean database -
>> Dtest=extents.InstancesPersistedPriorToIterationReturned
>> runtck.single
>>

>> runtck.single:
>>    [echo] Run TCK test
>> org.apache.jdo.tck.extents.InstancesPersistedPriorToIterationReturned
>>  on the IUT with configuration /home/andy/work/jdo/trunk/tck20/
>> test/conf/datastoreidentity.conf
>>    [java] RUN InstancesPersistedPriorToIterationReturned.test
>>    [java] Time: 26.204
>>    [java] OK (1 test)
>>

>> If you wish to investigate the issue you could just look in the
>> JPOX log. The only issue is the ordering of the INSERT (of the
>> additional object) and the SELECT (for the Extent). I get the
>> INSERT before the SELECT when I run as above.

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!