db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Watzek <mwa.t...@spree.de>
Subject 4 non transactional read errors
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:03:25 GMT
Hi Craig,

there are two tests throwing a JDOUserException ("Can't read fields with
outside of transactions. You may want to set
'NontransactionalRead=true'.").

The first test ("Retrieve.runTestRetrieve") begins a transaction,
retrieves fields of a pc instance, commits, and calls a getter method on
that instance.

The second test ("HollowInstanceMaintainsPK.test") begins a transaction,
  makes an object persistent, commits, and calls a getter method on that
object.

Both tests seem to assume that non-transactional read is set. Should we
change the test cases and make the pc instances transient before we call
the getter?

Furthermore, we have two errors
("org.jpox.exceptions.TransactionNotActiveException: Transaction is not
active..."). Both test cases ("IteratorHasNextFalseAfterExtentClose",
"Iterators") iterate an extent outside of a transactions. I can fix this
also.

Regards,
Michael