db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Another api20 change
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:04:45 GMT
Hi Andy,

this is just for JDO implementations that decide to keep the
StateManager for detached instances. The enhancer generated code for
jdoIsDetached needs to check whether there is a StateManager anyway. If
so it should delegate to it, if not it should check for the objectId.
What do you think?

Regards Michael

>>when an object is detached it doesn't have a StateManager, hence the
>>jdoIsDirty() method added to PC instances during enhancement is typically
>>based on whether it has an objectId and state manager in the instance.
>>Hence my question is, why do we need this method ?
>

> I did of course mean to say "the jdoIsDetached() method".

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin