db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: TestRunner remarks
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:33:51 GMT
Michael,

Thanks for trying out TestRunner!  My responses below...

Michael Watzek wrote:

> Hi Michelle,
>
> I ran your patch on a clean workspace.
>
> I started with "maven installSchema". This installs two schemas in
> derby - one for application identity and one for application identity.
> I really appreciate that we have separate schemas for application
> identity and datastore identity. Due to this fact we only need to call
> this maven goal once as each test cleans up the database - great!
>
> Afterwards I ran "maven runtck.jdori". This runs 2 configurations -
> one for the completeness and one for all test cases. As a result, 4
> log files are written to target/logs - 2 for application identity, 2
> for datastore identity. The all test TCK runs produced the expected
> amount of errors/failures - though, they did not take as much time as
> expected. Both runs perform about 7-8 times faster on my system -
> that's great :-)! What have you changed?

Wow, that IS great!  It seemed a lot faster on my system too, but I
wasn't paying much attention to performance.  I have no idea what the
difference is :-\
I will try to investigate before I check in.

> Some questions:
>
> - You renamed maven property "jdo.tck.identitytype" to "jdo.tck.id".
> Is this a good name? To me, it sounds like the ID for the TCK.
>
> - Class JDO_Test still checks for property "jdo.tck.identitytype" in
> the constructor.

You're right; brevity is not necessarily good.  I will change it back to
jdo.tck.identitytype and it will then match the name in JDO_Test.

> - Can we include the configuration name and the identity type in the
> log file name? Currently, it's hard to find the right file if you are
> interested in only one file.

This is a good idea.  I definitely would like to get more information
into the log file or file name.  Can you tell me where the log file name
is created?

Thanks again,
Michelle