db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Watzek <mwa.t...@spree.de>
Subject Question about JIRA JDO 54
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:03:17 GMT
Hi Craig, Michelle

JIRA JDO-54 requests that "in order to test metadata for interfaces, we
need to complete the Company model interfaces that was begun with
ICompany.java. All company classes should implement a corresponding
interface."

If we want the getter/setter methods to return/take interface types,
then we would also have to use interface types for the types of fields,
e.g.

public class Company
     implements Serializable, Comparable, DeepEquality, ICompany {
     private IAddress     address;
     public IAddress getAddress() {
         return address;
     }
     public void setAddress(IAddress address) {
         this.address = address;
     }
}

In this case the metadata of JDO and ORM would also have to be adapted,
right?

Regards,
Michael