db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject TCK performance
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 22:05:06 GMT
Hi,

I tested setting org.jpox.autoStartMechanism=None in
test/conf/jdori.properties.  As Andy suggested, it greatly improves
performance. A full run of the TCK takes about 20 minutes on my machine
with this property set.  Without it, 10 hours last time I tried.  Hard
to believe.

Unfortunately, a few tests hang with org.jpox.autoStartMechanism=None:
org.apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanager.cache.RefreshAllNoParameterSideEffects
org.apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanager.cache.RefreshAllWithArraySideEffects
org.apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanager.cache.RefreshAllWithCollectionSideEffects
org.apache.jdo.tck.api.persistencemanager.cache.RefreshSideEffects

I have checked in three files:
jdori.properties with org.jpox.autoStartMechanism=None
alltests.list with the four tests listed above deleted
exclude.list with the four tests listed above added

I filed a JIRA issue about the hanging tests (JDO-59).

-- Michelle