db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: fieldtypes metadata issues
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 17:41:25 GMT
Hi, Erik,

I've changed all the BLOB fields to LONG VARCHAR FOR BIT DATA (not yet
checked in) and I'm running the TCK.  I'm getting errors like: "Table
'MAP_OF_BIG_DECIMAL45_STRJU' does not exist."  I assume that JPOX thinks
the table names are too long and is truncating them.  However the
originals work just fine in Derby.  I believe that all the names are 30
characters or less.

Another issue is performance.  As I mentioned in another email, the TCK
ran 10x slower on the 6/6 build than on the 6/3 build.  I'm now running
the 6/7 build and it seemed quick enough until it hit the fieldtypes
tests.  Maybe it is just getting farther in the tests because of the
various fixes we've made, and so takes longer?  I'm not sure.  But it
makes it difficult to do a full test run before check-in.  Do you have
any thoughts about the performance issue?

-- Michelle