db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Watzek <mwa.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Jun 3, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:34:18 GMT
Hi Michelle,

Michael B. and I can not attend the t-conference today because
Tech@Spree has an anniversary party. This is our status:

JIRA JDO-1 (Enhancer tests):

- JIRA JDO-1 has status "Resolved", resolution "fixed".

- The compilation problem has been fixed by adding a dependency from
tck20 to enhancer20 and to core20. The dependency to core20 is only
needed during runtime if the enhancer tests are run using XML files for
JDO meta data instead of property files for JDO meta data.

- The enhancer tests fail because they have to be adapted to JDO2. By
then, they are excluded from TCK runs. For this reason, they have been
moved from "alltest.list" to "exclude.list". *Note*: "exclude.list" is
not evaluated by the build process.

- The JPOX enhancer bug concerning unmatched access modifiers between
persistent fields and generated getters/setters has been fixed by JPOX.

JIRA JDO-58 (Closing PMF instance several times):

- JIRA JDO-58 has status "Resolved", resolution "fixed".

- The same problem showed up in 5 tests: PMF instance was closed and not
nullified. For this reason "getPMF()" returned a closed PMF instance.

- As a fix we added two checks in tearDown:
   1) if PMF is closed or nullified although the test added tear down
instances and/or classes then throw JDOFatalException
   2) if PMF is closed and not nullified then PMF is nullified

JIRA JDO-53 (Use JPOX connection pooling to improve performance)

- JIRA JDO-53 has still status "Open".

- No important performance improvement using connection pooling. I
compared the times of three different runs:
   1) w/o connection pool: 6.381 seconds
   2) w DBCP:              6.197 seconds
   3) w C3P0 TCK produced 212 Errors.

- There is no performance improvement with connection pooling because
each TCK test creates a new PMF instance.

- We need to decide, how to continue on this issue. I see the following
   1) Check in the changes though they do not have the expected effect.
   2) Leave the code unchanged and close the bug.
   3) Check in the changes and change the coding pattern for TCK tests,
so that all tests share the same PMF instance.
   I sent a patch for this issue in a separate mail, just in case you
decide for option 1).

Regards,
Michael