db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Watzek <mwa.t...@spree.de>
Subject Patch for JDO-53
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:31:33 GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure how to continue on this issue. I see three options:

1) Check in the changes though they do not have the expected effect.
2) Leave the code unchanged and close the bug.
3) Check in the changes and change the coding pattern for TCK tests, so
that all tests share the same PMF instance.

I vote for option 1). Below I listed the changes for option 1):

1) Additional dependencies to JPOX plugins, DBCP, C3P0, commons-pool,
commons-collections.
2) Change in propject.properties, maven.xml to extend the TCK classpath
3) Add a JPOX property to PMF properties

I have added a patch file containing these changes. The connection pool
in this patch is set to DBCP. You can switch to C3P0 if you set JPOX
property "org.jpox.connectionPoolingType" to "C3P0".

In order to run you need to download the following jars and store them
in your local maven repository:

1) jpox-dbcp-1.1.0-beta-3.jar to jpox/jars
2) jpox-c3p0-1.1.0-beta-3.jar to jpox/jars
3) commons-dbcp-1.2.1.jar to commons-dbcp/jars
4) c3p0-0.8.5.2.jar to c3p0/jars
5) commons-pool-1.2.jar to commons-pool/jars
6) commons-collections-3.1.jar to commons-collections/jars

Regards,
Michael